Wednesday 25 March 2015

Trends lecture

Today we were shown some upcoming trends in our lecture. The trends that we were shown were Hyper real beauty, alternative cat eyeliner, perfect smoke, purple gaze and bold summer berry lips.

Here is one of my favourite images from all of them and why.
Hyper real beauty:
I like this image by valentine and this trend in particular because it really in keeps with the brand i want to do. Bobbi brown is all about the natural beauty and this trend is exactly that. Just slightly enhancing whats already there. Its very minimal and i feel something i will be using a lot throughout this project.

Cat Eye liner:
I really like the image above by Christian dior because its not so extreme as the other eyeliner looks. I like the idea of using a pastel eyeliner on the eye like this as this still looks subtle and soft. Where most other eyeliners can look harsh and take to much focus. This could be an idea for one of my designs, i think using the pastel to nude colour palette though, as any thing stronger would not fit my brand.

Perfect Smoke:

Dian Von Furstenburg creates this smokey eye, which i really love. Im a massive fan anyway, because you can change the extremity of the colour to suit different situations. A more subtle smokey eye for the day, then at night a more dramatic colourful smokey eye. They are vast and can really create a great make up look. I think ill be using it quite a lot with my looks as bobbi is very natural so to give my looks something more, rather than them all being like the hyper real beauty, a perfect smoke in different colours shades and textures would really transform them.

Purple Gaze:
Derek Lam creates this look, which is a lovely shade of purple. I like the naturalness of it, as it not what you would think it would be. It shows you can still create a natural look with colours like purple. I will aim to experiment with colours to see what ones can still flow well with my brand and there ethos and not be to powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment